30 Days to More Gratitude
How to Make Gratitude Central to Your Personal Growth in the Coming Year
One thing I frequently hear from people is they want to be happy. Makes sense if you believe happiness is key to success.
The definition of gratitude states, the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. Gratitude runs deep. It is so easy to get swept up in the daily ho hum of life that we forget to stop and show gratitude for what we have.
“It’s a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates.” – Matthew McConaughey
My 30-Days of Gratitude
I am a firm believer in gratitude and usually go out of my way to show my appreciation. Sometimes I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of raising 4 kids and running my own business. So I decided to find my gratitude again with 30 days of gratitude .
As I round out my 30 days I feel more humble, more grateful, and happier because of my intentional gratitude. Whatever your goals are for 2019 I bet you could use a bit more happiness. Everyone could benefit from more happiness in their lives. Here are five rules that can help you with your 30 days to more gratitude.
5 rules to more gratitude
1. Find gratitude in everything. You can find gratitude every day. I find the smallest of things in life are often those that go without notice. Appreciate the good things you have in life, because they all are worth being thankful for. Many of our lives are wrought with struggle but each and every one of us has something to be grateful for. Did you get your mail delivered? Do you know how to read? Do you have someone you can tell your day about?
2. Find gratitude in your challenges. Gratitude can also be found in seemingly negative experiences. How has a challenging event or situation help shape you into the person you are today? You may even find gratitude in past failures. Challenges and failures often teach us lessons that lead us to success in the future.
3. Keep Track. Take time every day and be mindful of what you are grateful for. Keep a gratitude journal and write down things you are grateful for. This does not have to be complicated or time consuming. Write three things every day and try not to repeat any. If you don't take the time to acknowledge the things that you have now that you're grateful for then you will always be reaching for the next thing and it will never be enough.
4. Let others in on your gratitude. Everyone like to feel appreciated. Let them know. Go out of your way to share your gratitude with others. That doesn’t mean to go tell everyone about you, you, you. It means to go out of your way to tell others you appreciate them. Go out of your way to thank people during your daily interactions. A little bit of gratitude goes a long way.
5. Give. When you are in a mindful state of gratitude you expel positive energy. You can have more gratitude by giving to others. This could mean donating your time by volunteering or giving physical things like used items or money to those in need.One thing I enjoy doing is participating in random acts of kindness. For me giving to others makes me happy so I guess one could say I do it partially out of selfish reasons. At the same time you never know if your act of kindness could be the difference in someone’s life that changes it forever. Giving makes me feel like I have an impact and also makes me grateful that I have the ability to give to others in need.
If you are looking for more ways to have more gratitude join the MAKERS 30-day Gratitude Challenge to find more happiness in 2019.
MAKE YOUR OWN SUCCESS
Today is your day. You are the only thing standing in your way.